Wednesday, September 22, 2010

ALL THE THINGS I LOVE......

Today I have been enjoying my life.. I love my little daughter! To pieces! She is the light of my life (aside from my honey, who of coarse is like my light house ;)) It does not matter what I'm doing,  I take one look at her, with her chubby checks, and her little two teeth smile and I just light up. She is adorable! It's such a wonder to me, the miracle of life, of how something so precious and perfect is made.. How we all end up here, grow, and develop.. It's so fantastic. When I look at the circle of life and the perfect complexity of it, I know there is a GOD. It is perfection in every tiny detail....   Amy and I took the kiddies down to mom and dads (we drove separate cuz she had to work at 2:30 and I was staying in A.F til 6 to go cut anne's hair) On the way down I realized mom might not know we were coming (it was 9am) so I gave her a jingle and sure enough it was a surprise to her. So in between mom and dads dr. visits we all got to chat about an hr total, but Amy, Avery, Elle C, Seerie bird and I were outside picking peaches (we held down the fort while ma & pa were away) when I looked over to see Seerie.. Let me see if I can paint this picture, because of coarse I forgot my camera.. She had on a onsie outfit, w/bib, a hoodie, some sweet orange socks that look like shoes that have shoe laces, and her hoodie was up on her head w/her headband flower poking out.. but the cutest part was that she was sitting there good as can be, kind of making little noises, in the little blue/red chair w /yellow tray, with crumbs of cheerios stuck to each had, shaking the cheerio tub with a little bit of sadness because the sun was blaring down right in her face... so her eyes were all squinted up.. I will see if I can figure out how to post some pics tomorrow because it will give you a better idea.. Mostly I just love that little girl......  So aim left, and I had some hrs to myself w/mom and dad... mom and I mended ser's fav blanket, went for a walk, sat on the porch while it was hailing, it was a really nice time. Just really relaxing..  When it was time for me to go do my haircut, I left seerie w mom n dad, and boogied over to annes house...  Another really relaxing time. (Her husband and oldest son were gone, leaving just Anne and her 5/6 yr old son Jace).........  I realize when Im doing hair (by myself, not half doing hair, half watching to see and make sure seerie's ok) how much I love to have one on one time w/people. Hug was talking about having one on one w/mom n dad, which I love as well... But I also really love one on one w/fam, friends, clients, when I'm behind the chair doing their hair... Its weird that there are certain things that people will open up and tell me when Im doing their hair, that they otherwise might never say to me. Or maybe it never comes up, or the opportunity isn't there..  I know that's one reason I love what I do so much. I get a lot out of it as well. Also for me to have the chance to open up and say things I might never say otherwise. I've been able to get to know anne (goldens step sister) waaaaaaaaaay better than he know's her! He has started to come w/me since we've had seerie, and it's been awesome for their relationship to grow the last little bit. Also goldens step mom, gaye, I knew more about her the first time I did her hair than golden prob really ever did.... Maybe because you know your going to have to sit there for an extended period of time, so it's easier to talk about whatever comes up, and might as well get into a story of sorts? Maybe because the hair dresser is an outsider (in certain instances) and becomes that person who you can say whatever to because they don't know the people your talking about? ..... I love being that person.. I feel like a little different person when I'm behind the chair. Is that weird? It's like I'm the professional here, and I can take on that role w/ease and confidence. Why is it different otherwise? Maybe also because it's that one on one time that makes all the difference. It gives time, opportunity, and the space to ask the hard questions, and then really listen to the answer.......

5 comments:

  1. I totally get that. Going to the hair dresser is such a treat. There is nothing else to do, but sit and have someone play with your hair - you might as well relax and let it all go. I went yesterday to get my lovely roots colored. It was bliss to have my hair washed after accumulating more then a few days' dirt and Kim REALLY scrubbed my scalp...ahhhhhhhhhhhh nice.

    Not only are you a stylist, you are a psychologist, a girlfriend, a sounding board and people leave you feeling better about themselves. Nothing is better then fresh roots and a trim. Sometimes they might leave feeling like a new person. I never thought much about it. Thanks for sharing.

    Seerie Bird...I like that. Ker Bear and Seerie Bird. We really need to see her again - they change sooo fast. You have turned out to be a natural mother...of course you did.

    Love you.
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Very nice. Yes, go for the pictures tomorrow. I support you in that.

    One thing that always stumps me (and I see I am not alone).....is the word course/coarse/ (is there a third spelling?) you both used it in your post or reply. Now I think I got it.....coarse means rough...sorry Keri. Course, that means a course you are taking at school and of course. Heather is that correct? You are the master of words around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Course: 1)direction taken, 2) successive part of a meal, 3)line of conduct, 4) natural or expected (of course) 5)class, seminar, 6) ground on which a race takes place. There are like 9 different uses for "course"

    Coarse: 1)rough or loose in texture, scratchy prickly 2) lacking refinement, obscene, crude, boorish, unpolished

    Yes, I have a dictionary by my chair. HB

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! melissa that's funny because of course I caught that when I read heather's comment to me before even reading yours! I knew immediately because I had typed, and then retyped that word a few times.. always get so tripped up on that one. Thanks to HB for the conclusion. I am very coarse in my delivery. I also notice that it has been quit a long time since I have actually written out every single letter of every single word. Of course I am a bit rusty. It's good for me to stop abbreviating everything. I will still continue to skip my apostrophes from time to time because they take to long, and I am just that coarse. Besides they get annoying. Thank you for the clarification guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keri...I am glad to see you are clear on the uses of the words, course and coarse. Very Nice. LOL. HB

    ReplyDelete