Monday, September 20, 2010

For my second post......

So I've finished reading my sisters posts, and I feel inspired to reflect on a little time when I was young... about 5 years of age, playing hide and seek with heather and amy. I was it, I searched all around the basement, through all the rooms, storage rm, jasons rm, mins rm (well her rm was probably off limits, cuz she would freak out if we went in there) anyways, I found them... OK KERI, now it's your turn to hide while WE ARE IT. .  ummm.. ok. WE are adding a new hiding place, come on and we'll show you! WOW, a new hiding place, I could hardly wait to see it! This was going to be really exciting!  Here we are... the DRYER! It's now been added to the places to hide.. We are going to go count so get ready to hide ker. 1,2,3... GEEEZZZZ I had to hurry. This was going to be the best place ever! I burned around the corner into the laundry rm, that would later be turned into amys rm, and strategically placed myself into the dryer.. taking  great care in leaving the door open a crack. Making it look as if nothing/no one was in there however, leaving a small slit for me to breathe of course. OH wait... I can hear them coming now... I was holding my breath, they were never going to find me! I was so quiet... but then SLAM! LAUGHING, AND THE DRYER BEGAN TO TURN!!!! THEN CAME THE HEAT! I was crying as I began moving around, going up and falling down on the dividers, BAM! and UP, BAM! and UP, BAM! They were coming around so fast. It was obvious that crying and screaming was not going to stop this cycle. I was getting really hot, but never mind that. I wanted to stop landing on those things! I started to hold myself with my legs out and my arms up so I could do a full rotation.... It was just about then that the door flew open, and my older sisters ran off giggling ahead of me that I was brought back to the horrid realization that I was just tricked into the dryer.... BY MY SISTERS, AND THEY TURNED IT ON! It seemed like the longest 5 min of my life!! (I know it was prob more like 20 sec)... The thing that still gets me is that as I was running up the stairs yelling for my mom, they grabbed me and bribed me w/candy to not tell. I actually took it!!! ohhhhhhhh man, good times!!!!  Its really times like these that I think how sad it would be to be an only child! haha

5 comments:

  1. ummmm, glad I was not involved with that. Sorry for you Hug. We all have incidents we are not proud of being party to. Ker, real glad you made it out relatively unharmed....except for maybe a little mental scaring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really??? This is the story you share with the world. I am the first to admit the dryer ploy was probably a bad idea...I could write a few stories about Melissa as well (remember the hot sleeping bag?), but I won't. I guess it must be the older sisters right to make the younger sisters life a bit...challenging. Someday Seerie's little sister will be writing stories about how mean she was...just saying.
    HB

    P.S. It was more like 5 seconds in the dryer..."boom, boom...boom, boom" and then you were out!! Still...Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Listen Im not mad or sad about it anymore... Mostly I think it's really funny! I didn't write this to make you feel bad, I just was thinking about helping dad sweep the basement in the bntfl house, and it lead to that story.... anyways, I told Amy that I wrote about it, and she got all defensive too. She also said that I was much younger than 5. Which would make sense because the dryer seemed super huge! We decided I had to be like 2 1/2 or 3.... Its all in good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know...like I've said before...if it didn't happen, it wouldn't be such a great story that we all get to remember and talk about. The best part of the story was when we finally did tell mom about it a few years back. You really didn't ever tell her...What a trooper. Want some candy? HB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I was with you Hug on this one.....Dang it....it is hard not to get back in here and comment isn't it.

    ReplyDelete