Saturday, September 25, 2010

oh yes for yard sales!

So Golden and I have started our own small ritual, its been two weeks in a row now so maybe we get to do it a bit longer before we can classify it as a ritual. Anyways, DUDE YARD SALES are bomb! We scored some sweet stuff last week, and this week was even better. Let me first say, I know that by Melissa's standards we got ripped off however, comma, we feel pretty good about our bargains... Last week we got a few little tee shirts for Seerie 10 cents each, also some little shorts, 25 cents, and a little toy thing that plays songs $3... This week we scored 2 tv trays, $2, a boat load of clothes for ser, 7 sleepers, 3 hats, 4 jackets/sweaters, 5 pairs of shorts (one overalls), 3 pairs of pants, 4 onesies, 3 tee shirts, and 7 dresses all for $8! Oh and she threw in two free blankets, one has clamps on it so you can put it on the car seat and it wont fall off... Man what a deal! We actually tried to give the lady $12, but she gave us back $2 and told us to go buy a drink on her.. haha! I think because we showed up so late in the game, it was around 2, and they looked like they were getting ready to clean up and be done w/the the whole thing we really got some deals... Honestly we prob could have offered them 3 dollars and they would have given us even more. We decided on the way home that the more we go to these things the better we will get with the wheel and deal of it all.   Let's just say, One mans garbage is another mans prize possession!  I'm positive that Seerie will feel that way when she is dressed in her "new" duds!  .....................    HMMMMMM... well I guess that's it for now. I always have way more things I wanna write about later in the evening, and OF COURSE that's when I don't have the time. Right now I have some time seeing that the bird is still sleeping but I feel  I will do my best to get some sweet pics on here :) 

1 comment:

  1. Keri, I don't think you got ripped off at all. You got some super deals. Keep up the good work. I love the GSs also. Unfortunately we are capped out at the moment. We need, nor want for a thing. I make myself stay away. Pretty much every scrap of furniture in every room in the house came from a garage sale, curb, or Craigslist. We have purchased one item brand new.....our entertainment center, and truthfully it is the junkiest piece of furniture we own....the way it was made,etc. I like the first pic....it is small but appreciated.

    ReplyDelete