Monday, September 20, 2010

The best part of the year.... is here, at last!

Sooooooo it's that time again. The leaves are starting to change, there's the beginnings of a chill in the air (unless your hug and live in park city, and it was never really summer) the mornings are crisp and refreshing..... AND its time for FOOTBALL! I swear I am a dude when it comes to this, but I love football season! There's something so rewarding about waking up on sunday morning to sports center, anticipating the games to start for the day. I think also because it is a time to get together, eat, and chill that it also makes it a season I look forward to..  Which then leads to all the holidays, Min will be coming out soon, and the feeling all around changes. If you notice that Christmas, well starting around halloween , people start to get all friendly and nice?!! I am just as guilty as anyone I know this, and I guess it's because we have things to look forward to? Or because it's something that takes us away from the daily grind, and into something to celebrate?  I notice that people will actually say hello when passing by, or hold the door open. It's been a weird experience to have a kid, a diaper bag, a dog, a stroller, w/car seat, and my purse with me at all times. I've been so shocked a number of times at the way people DON'T move for me, or offer to hold a door... It has made me much more aware of it when I am out and about... Maybe it is just the places I've lived, or maybe it is me that is putting off an attitude....  I feel I def do my best to be friendly....    Anyways, back to football... HAAAALLLLLLELLLLUAJAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaaa yah. The boys and Kev are out there right now watching Monday night football. I do remember growing up with BYU football on, or maybe the Bears, and mom would make tomato soup and cheesewhiches....a little hot cocoa to, (I think...maybe I added that last one). It was a really good feeling. I am struggling to get that same thing going here. I am not into it....maybe I need to bite the bullet and just get involved for the "good feelings" of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Golden likes football as much as you do. I try to watch some football with Trav each week and within 10 minutes, no matter how good the game is, I start to fall asleep. You should have bragged about winning the pro-pick-em's last year. Bear won $300 bucks (I think?)!! You are a rockstar.
    Thanks for reminding us to be aware of others around us. I am ashamed to admit I sometimes hurry to get to the elvator and get the door shut so I don't have to share with anyone. Inevitably I end up stopping on every floor anyway. I'll work on that.
    Love ya. HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well here's the deal, you have to do pick'ems or something similar because then you have someone to root for every single game! That's exactly how golden got into ftball because believe me he had no interest really.. He would watch a little for me, but once he had the pickems he got into it! Last yr was his 2nd yr, and he actually won the whole thing!(350, I think) I won the survivor (150) plus won a week (20) but I must say we were pretty impressed with ourselves.. lol. If you ask golden he says its all science, and I say whatever, as long as he likes to watch football w/me and if we can win, well even better! ... Don't get me wrong, I do not like sharing the elevator w/people, but when I do I say a little something.. Mostly its the old people that get in, and they are pretty funny. They are easy to chatter with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I am stumped....just trying to figure out where the "elevator talk" came into play. You lost me you two.

    ReplyDelete