Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I love to go, I LOVE to be Home!

So I'm doing things a little different today. Normally when I get on to blog, I read my sisters blogs and comment so by the time I'm ready to blog my window named seerie's naptime is gonejo.  Instead I will blog now and catch up later!
Let's go back like 2 weeks... I had a freak out/melt down on Golden. Probably for something really lame, and it was brought to my attention that this is the cycle that repeats itself every ding dang month. I fail to realize (until I have a blow up) that I begin to get really stressed out about a week before it's time to go down to vegas. Well I know that I get stressed, I think it's not really that bad until I have a come apart... Let's think for just a few seconds of our mother..... Now we were always going along, EVERYTHING GREAT, life as we kids knew it was, well,  pretty awesome... all of the sudden, BAMSHLINGSHANGINGFORD..    Mom's pissed, yelling, slamming things around,  followed up by crying.. leaving everyone in the house super quiet, wishing themselves to the size of an ant to hopefully (cross our fingers) not cause any more waves...

So I'm like my mother after all!!!! Love you mom, I wouldn't want it any other way! haha. However, I really didn't realize how stressed I was feeling. I know that I do this to myself every month, and I am committing to shift out of this nonsense!

I think it was when Golden said, under his breath a little, "I know. it's the same thing every month. this happens every time."............      So after calming down, getting a hold of myself, I told him.. "I am going to have the best week down in vegas. I'm going to be really busy, and clients are going to get a hold of me to come in that I haven't seen for a while. I'm going to enjoy every client, and have a good time! I'm not even going to be stressed, and it's not going to feel like I'm even that busy but I will make more money this time than I have (since I've just been working the 2/2 1/2 days)"  

LET ME TELL YOU WHAT!   I was for the first time ever, super relaxed and enjoying myself! (I always enjoy myself but not as much because I get overwhelmed in the back of my head) I was not stressed at all, I was super busy, I was thinking of our conversations in our blogs and how we've been talking about being in the moment, REALLY TAKING IN EACH MOMENT, and I really did! I was for the most part on time, (give or take a half hr here and there) Before we left to come down I had heard from a couple clients that I hadn't seen for awhile and got them in... I made more money than I have been making, and I had a blast!  I KNOW that our words are so powerful! It is something that amazes me time and time again! It is so true, and I KNOW that it is.. Why I get caught up in the nonsense and stress, Not anymore I tell you!

I wrote a few posts back about my clients, and doing hair gives me a way to connect on a different level w/them. I feel like because I wrote it down, and verbalized it, it also made me more aware of my time with them, and really take it all in.  I also know that for me to open up to Golden, and share what's going on in my head is so awesome for us.  I am indeed grateful for this blogging!         

5 comments:

  1. Oh my heck!!! FINALLY........!!! You and Heth have been gone FOREVER!!! I have missed you guys! Not even as much fun blogging w/out you guys following along.

    I came undone today about a library book. That's it, I am going to loose it now...we owe ONE DOLLAR!!! WHERE IS THAT MOTHER GOOSE BOOK??!!!

    The frozen postures....surprised deer in the head light looks....where did this come from wonderment.....it came and went pretty fast. Sometimes you just need to get it out. Who knows what will trigger the "just like mom" reenactment. They are few and far between....it is sort of fun to act insane now and then. I don't want to totally commit to letting them go. Well.....In fact this is two days in a row for me....poor Kev got it yesterday on the phone. Must be my time of the month very soon, because that is uncalled for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's not be too hasty...Mom USUALLY had a reason...didn't she? I know I am always SOOOO RIGHT when I have one of those moments - so justified. The only problem is that feeling of power for annihilating someone I care about usually only lasts for a nanosecond. I WIN!!! Crap, now I have to apologize; not always for the issue itself, but how I reacted to it.

    Travis told me very recently that I go from 0 to 90 in about 1 second flat. I told him it only appears that way because I have so much self control on all the build up until 90 hits he just doesn't notice...yeah right.

    I'm glad you had a good trip. I am so glad you are back on blog...Did Golden have a nice time as well?

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAMSHLINGSHANGINGFORD......I had to get back on and reread this word? Is this a string of ligit words?.....here is what I come up with....Bam - shlings - hanging - ford....is this correct? Is this just a lucky break that these are real words? or what is the deal? I like it....just struck me as a funny combo pack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to blogging yours first and reading ours later, eh? Love your funny comments Keri! HB

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaaa! That was just a lucky string of words. It happened to just be what rolled off my tongue onto my fingers... Although I'm not sure, is shlings a word?

    ReplyDelete