Friday, October 29, 2010

BRING ON THE GIFTS YO!!!!!

I realize that I have been a total looooooooserrr w/my blogging attempts this past month. I realize this because coming up already this next Tuesday we will be heading back to vegas already...... WHHHHHAAAAA???  I cannot believe this last month just seemed to slip through my fingertips. (I mean that literally, haha, since I didn't blog)    No really though, I guess somewhere between "Don't Forget the Lyrics, Fuse Music video count downs, and LAME (I'm really not proud of) reality death traps such as Millionaire Matchmaker, Flipping Out, etc."  my time got whittled down...........    

Now that that's out of the way let's move on shall we......  

I received a letter from my dear sister Heather Anne last night, and I must say it was a welcomed one for sure! I have been reading my sisters blogs a bit hear and there (I am surrendering to the fact that I'm not going to get all the way caught up w/you two, and that's OK. I will take it from here, and one day when I get away from the tv long enough to read a bit, I will have a whole lot of stories waiting for me!!)  I noticed a bit of chatter about "gifts" ....   I must say this sparked my interest.     

So the letter stats pretty much that 29 days of giving will change my life. I know that this is already true. I am taken back to a time when I was participating in some classes that NO DOUBT were focused on gift giving in the form of  being conscious, and totally aware AND ENGAGED with those around me.....      IT ABSOLUTELY CHANGED MY LIFE! FOREVER!!!!!    

The sad thing about it is that as the time has gone by I have slowly let some of those things go.....   What an amazing feeling to really connect with everyone you see. Through their eyes!! How often I look around or to the ground lately. I most always have my sunglasses on when I am on my way to or from my house, (only because most of the time I have no make-up on and I feel a "need" to hide my face. Therefore my eyes!) and  I know that it is disconnecting me with those around me.  

So YES, Hug. I will take your challenge!  

GIFT #1-  This evening Golden and I decided to pack up baby and head to target. It was around 7 or so, and lil Seerie bird was already getting very tired. (She usually goes to bed around 8)  So I told Golden, we don't have much time, let's hustle!

We proceed to dink around target for about, well, just short of 2 hrs....  
Let's just say our little dear was as good as we could have asked of her. By the time we were checking out her tears were a constant down her face, although she was not crying, she was in fact still pulling out her big smiles at the cashier.  It was obvious to her parents though that we had pushed her to her limit as we saw her smile was a painful one, and as much as she was holding back her grunts were getting louder and more sad by the min....    

We pulled in to the parking lot, loaded up all our crap (if you picture a homeless pushing a cart loaded to the gills with everything imaginable that's how we look pretty much 99.9% of the time as we load Seerie's stroller up w/blankets, groceries, HER of course as I have on a diaper bag back pack, And my purse)   So we make it to the elevator...   da dee daaaaaa... going up. OH, Oops, Here comes a lady. Golden and I fumble around to get the door open.   Ok, come on in.      It's a blonde haired lady, she is also going to the 4th floor. She is not making any kind of eye contact. We are looking at Ser, making little chatter, oh, here we are.   We all start walking down the hall.... The lady is in front of us, and I am trying to stop a bit so we aren't on her heels, Golden doesn't seem to care so much about that as he is ready to be home...............              

WELL, She is still walking down the hall. She is getting closer to our door, and whoa whoa...... wait a min...........        

This is our next door neighbor.. LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT OUR NEIGHBOR......    She was extremely RUDE to me one evening while I was sitting outside on my deck.. Let's just say, we have never meet, we have had bad blood, and we have NEVER felt any kind of desire to make friends with this lady.......  

As she stopped at her door, she was lingering there, waiting and looking on at us....  I looked at her, smiled, and said, "Have a good night"  and I really meant it!  This may sound like a simple thing, but the part about stepping outside of myself, going out of my way was definitely the bigger picture her.  

I was happy to let it go! To see that she was kind of smurkingly looking at us, like she knew who we were, and we knew her, and I made effort to look back at her and say something.  I know that had I not been open to this challenge I would have been looking straight ahead, and as soon as I stepped inside would've been talking trash.....     I already feel better!!!!!!!!!  

Thank you hug, for extending your challenge to the rest of us and enlightening our lives!!! Love you!!!   

P.S. Hug, and Min, You guys gotta go on Don't Forget the Lyrics! I keep telling Golden, maybe I already mentioned it to you hug, but check it out!!! You can win 50 THOUSAND, why not try?!!  It's a karaoke game show on VH1...   :)       

3 comments:

  1. Cute little Seerie - she is the sweetest baby and you two are a good tag team.

    I look forward to hearing more of your experiences of giving. I am not so good at explaining them myself - the feelings and deeper meanings like you and M...I need to start writing them down more personally because I get so much from both of your posts. Thanks for taking it on - I remember in Quest how it was so...personal and I am trying to get back to that space with this challenge as well. I wonder if Chuck will participate??

    What are you talking about "Don't Forget the Lyrics"? I have seen the show, but Lyrics are NOT my forte' - I thought the ACDC song that is "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap" actually said "Dirty Deeds, Dunder Chief" until Travis 'kindly' corrected me (with great hilarity on his part)...Don't think I would win that game.

    Love you,
    HB

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAAAAAA!!!! I always thought it was "dirty deeds, thunder cheef.... Or something like that!!! lol.. Well that's why I'm not signing up for the show, that and I suck at karaoke unless you're singing with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay.....gonna pass on the VH1 thing also....

    Ker, turn off the tube....open a book....there's a whole big world out there little lady. (hey, what did you think of Atlas Shrugged?...finish it? I have it here to start....maybe on our vaca)

    I DARE you to take your bad blood neighbor some cookies! I bet that will shake her up a bit!

    Poor little brave Seer....you almost got me teared up picturing her trying to stay strong at Target.

    Thanks for the great comments on my B, and long awaited post.

    Love, M

    ReplyDelete